Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 2

I got on the scale this morning - naked so I couldn't blame the extra pounds on any clothes!  The scale read....173.4 lbs!  I was a little disheartened because when I began Weight Watchers 4 years ago, this is exactly where I was.  However I thought I weighed about 180 so I thought wow, I only have about 35 pounds to lose, not 40+ like I originally thought!!!  So, I quickly got over that and reminded myself that in 8 days time, my weight will have a new second digit!!!!  Positivity is key when doing anything in life!  Well, I have been sticking to my food plan (my mother says I should not call it a diet) as if I am being graded for how strict I am!  Those who are not familiar with The Fat Smash Diet can look here (The Fat Smash Diet) for info on what I can and cannot eat during Phase I.  Basically the focus right now is lots of fruits and veggies, huge amounts of water, a small amount of dairy - AND NO MEATS!  So you have to be creative with your meals to make sure you don't feel like you are punishing yourself in my opinion.  Here's what I ate today:

  • Breakfast:  an omlette made with 1 c. liquid egg whites, sauteed peppers and onions and low-fat mexican cheese, a bananna and 1 c. of pure orange juice.
  • I wasn't hungry for a full lunch because I had lots of  snacks throughout the day:  fresh (not canned) pineapple tidbits, 2 clementines, 1 6 oz. container of fat free yogurt, 1 tbsp of walnuts and 2 bottles of water.  
  • Dinner:  grilled veggies (shredded carrots and cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, squash and zucchini - made on the George Forman grill) with 2/3 c. brown rice and 1 tbsp of teriyaki sauce.
I felt full and ate whenever I felt hungry.  I don't feel deprived at all - mostly what I feel is excitement to weigh in at the end of the detox phase.  I also walked for 30 minutes on the treadmill.  I was a little bit disappointed at how slowly I had to walk to do the full 30 minutes but PROUD that I did it nonetheless.  Its just upsetting to feel how out of shape you have allowed yourself to become.  But I will be patient, because I know results will come and I will see and feel progress soon.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment