Monday, January 25, 2010

Progress: Day 8

I'm almost finished with the first phase of The Fat Smash Diet!  I am so excited.  I honestly and truly believe in this program wholeheartedly.  For me the purpose of the Detox phase is to force me to rely on healthy choices when I am hungry.  Being able to have an unlimited amount of fruits and vegetables made me grab for them FIRST whenever my stomach growled and now that I am nearing the end, I've found I don't need as many to feel full & satisfied.  My parents have both commented that I look as if I've lost weight already - however I have not stepped back on the scale since my first day.  Wednesday, January 27 is my weigh in day.  Can I just tell you that I am scared?!  Seriously, I am.  The average amount of weight loss for the first phase is 6-8 pounds and I really wanted to make that at least!  I'm scared because although I stuck to the meal plan 100% I only worked out 3 times last week...and the book specifies 5 times.  I'm not going to be too hard on myself because something is always better than nothing!   But I wonder how that will play out on the scale. 

Now - what have I been eating?!  Well, I made a Mexican-inspired casserole with:  mexicorn, black beans, diced tomatoes, sauteed onions & green peppers and 2% mexican cheese blend.  Added 1 c. brown rice and some fat free salsa - SO TASTY!!!  And it lasted forever, about 4-5 days!!!  I also made the veggie soup recipe from the book - didn't really suit my tastes at all.  That soup tasted like I was on a diet!  lol.  Today I made vegetarian chili with diced tomatoes & kidney beans, and again added that over brown rice and topped with low-fat cheese.  Also made some fresh spinach as well.  Salad with no-fat dressing has been an awesome "filler" everyday!  Fruits, amazing snacks and I also discovered I could have (7) saltine crackers as a snack also, which helps.  I've eaten alot of yogurt as well.  A couple of mornings I had plain oatmeal with Splenda and it was edible.  Overall, the "no meat" thing is not nearly as difficult as it may sound.  Its really all about mind over matter, being creative with your meals, and having things on hand that fit into the diet.  My mother made sweet potato pies (her specialty) for my brother's birthday and I promise I was NOT even tempted!  I'm extremely proud of myself. 

My goals for this week/next phase are to exercise at least 4 days per week, preferably hitting 5 days.  I think I will begin to weigh in every week after Wednesday...that way I can track my progress just as I did with Weight Watchers.

No comments:

Post a Comment