Sunday, January 17, 2010

Too Through

I purchased "The Fat Smash Diet" by Dr. Ian Smith last weekend. I am too tired of looking at all the cute size 6 & 8 clothes I have in my closet that I cannot fit. I'm too through with avoiding full length mirrors because I hate staring at the realization of how big I've become. I'm so over not shopping for new clothes because I cannot accept that I need to buy either a 12 (or more comfortably a 14) - well into the double digit sizes. I'm sick of saying "I will lose this weight" repeatedly without any action. I've been through with being overweight for a while now, and today I began to do something about it.

Now...this is not my first weight loss journey. 4 years ago I weighed 172.3 lbs and began Weight Watchers. I was so focused and the weight just flew off of my body and I got down to 130 lbs in about 8 months. I'm embarrased to say, I now am back to my starting weight and then some...how a person loses 40 lbs and gains 45 back, I will never know.

Anyway, I am ready to quit being through and starting being fit. I began the diet today. So far, so good. My final goal weight is 140 lbs (I had way too many people tell me I was too skinny at 135 lbs and less) and I hope to achieve that by the end of the year. Whelp, 1 day down....however many more it takes to reach my goal to go. Here we goooooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment