Friday, June 25, 2010

Do they put crack in this stuff???

Lately water intake has SO not been a problem for me.  My aunt (during her visit for my bday) brought some Crystal Light packets with her.  We were talking about how drinking our recommended amount of water daily is a challenge for us.  She said that the Crystal Light packets have really helped her.  Now....I remember giving CL a whirl years ago, probably when I was a teenager and then again when I did WW 5 years ago.  And not only did I not like the flavor, but it left a horrible aftertaste PLUS I got headaches from the aspertame.  I also tried the Lipton Iced Tea packets when they first came out with the same outcome.  So....I wasn't tempted to try it again until after she left and the box was still there.  One day I was like...hmmm....lemme give it a try and poured it into my water bottle.  *shake shake shake*

The flavor was Raspberry Green Tea and I fell in love.  I could not believe how tasty it was.  Not overpowering, not too subtle, no bad aftertaste, no resulting headaches, and it didn't taste like DIET!  I mean I love it!  I immediately went to the store and bought 2 more boxes.  I was too scared to try another flavor until I was raving about it to a couple of my friends who said "Oh yeah....I like the _____  flavor, its really good."  I started thinking....did everyone know about the "new" Crystal Light except me???  Yes, I am convinced it is a new CL, because I would have remembered anything that tastes this good!  I found it for $1.97 at Wal-Mart and went CRAZY!!!!   My favorites are the Fruit Punch and Peach/Raspberry Green Teas.  Even the Wal-Mart brand isn't bad, and it only costs $1.50/box!  I throw a couple in my purse for when I'm out and craving a DRINK....not just plain water.  I've even given a packet or two to my classmates at lunch and they love it also.  I realized I was drinking it so much that I had to make an effort to make sure that I have some regular unenhanced water as well, however.....

I do think I am addicted.  I haven't had anything to drink other than CL and plain water in weeks!!!  And regular juice or soda couldn't look less appealing to me at the moment! It can't be that good, can it?  Do they put crack in this stuff?  Who knows, but until I start seeing a negative effect on my body....I'm a Crystal Light girl forEVER! 

5 comments:

  1. LOL! This was too funny, I am glad that you found something to get you away from the sodas/juice. I really like Crystal Light as an alternative to juice with my lunch or dinner. You can also sprinkle a little in vanilla or plain yogurt for a fun dessert/snack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WISH I could drink that stuff, but aspartame is a bad bad thing for me - too much actually causes me to have seizures, and they all use Nutra-sweet, except the new CL Fitness, and it runs a little more, for less packs of it, so its a splurge for me. And I have NOT been getting my water in and I am the stay puff marshmallow gal right now for it, too! Drink some for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal Light has a new type that has no artifical sweeteners! It is really, really good! I generally drink just plain water but sometimes I'll use the crystal light or just a dash of cranberry juice in my water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love crystal light and was addicted about 3 months ago.Then I switched it up because my doctor mention to me that I should cut back on it because it may have been stopping my weight loss. Now I'm on the diet snapple kick! I'm in love with this stuff! Can't get enough of it, LOL! It's a little pricey, but it's my treat to myself. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to drink CL back in the day to but, lately it's just been water for me. I'm glad you found something that helps you get water in!!! Get it Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete