Friday, February 26, 2010

No Loss No Gain...

So I weighed in yesterday and the scale read 167.0.  At first I was thoroughly upset - after all for the previous 2 weeks I had been losing 2 lbs per week and I had definitely stepped up my exercising!!! SO WTH?!?!  Then it hit me - my guilty pleasure I had been indulging in had caught up to it.  I have some chocolate fondue chips (round pieces of pure milk chocolate) that I have been nibbling on daily.  A few pieces here and a few pieces there.  I didn't think it was too damaging because despite having them I had continued to lose.  But this week, I guess it caught up to me.  I have a tiny bit left and I am debating about tossing the rest.  If I could limit myself to 1-2 pieces just to satisfy my sweet tooth it would be perfect.  But the chances of that happening are slim-to-none.  I know that I do not have that kind of discipline and self-control which is why I never even bring "allowed" sweets into my home unless they are in pre-determined portion sizes (i.e. 100 calorie packs).  So lesson learned, bits of chocolate MUST GO!

On another note - working out has been going well.  I got a couple of new gym outfits, and for me its just like buying new clothes for a party, it helps me look forward to it a little more.  I got them from TJ Maxx so for both outfits and a zip-up sweatshirt it was only $45 after my 10% sales tax.  Pretty good, huh?  I still have not had my measurements taken which is why I haven't shared.  Yesterday I worked out with the trainer and he does a combination of strength and cardio training.  Today, I went to the gym again and used the treadmill.  I walked for 10 minutes at a speed of 3.5 and incline 4.0 then upped it to a light jog at speed 4.5 for 2 minutes.  I did this for a total of 3 cycles.  I also jumped rope for 5 minutes.  I felt SOOOOO good about myself when I finished.

Afterwards I stretched really well and then decided to unwind in the sauna.  I took a cue from my favorite beauty blogger, Traycee at Keep It Simple Sista and saturated my hair with Mane n' Tail conditioner, covered with a plastic bag and RELAXED while I deep conditioned.  My hair feels so so so so soft!!!  I am ecstatic that I tried this technique!  The sauna also helped relieve some of the tightness that had been plaguing my thighs as well.

Dinner tonight was quick and easy - as usual!  I grilled a Jennie-O Turkey Burger (the frozen straight to grill kind) marinated in Mesquite sauce, portabello mushroom caps (used instead of bread or roll), and some chopped tomatoes, onions and green peppers on my George Foreman.  It only took a total of 10 minutes to grill all of that and assemble my burger!  I enjoyed that with a side salad and believe me...it was so TASTY!   

4 comments:

  1. YUMMMM...
    I love portabellos..I will be making this soon....
    Thanks for the encouragement. It helps.
    I do that in the steam room sometimes too...feels great. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my first turkey burger ever friday! I really liked it....I think I am going to have try to eat them more often. How and how long are you marinating them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ro, i'm so glad i could give u a meal idea! i've fallen in love with portabellos also!

    @Bad Mama Jama,
    I'm glad you enjoyed it! I only marinated for a few minutes for the meal above. I used Jennie-O's frozen turkey patties (freezer-to-grill) and so the main thing for me was to have the marinade on it as it was grilling. Hope this helps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUUUUUUUUUUM!!!!!!!!!!! That looks super tasty!

    ReplyDelete