Now onto business...I received the "Beautiful Blogger" award from my girlie Pam at The Rest of the Journey a couple weeks ago. Thanks so much Pam! I was so super touched by what you said about me! Okay for this award here are the instructions: Tell you seven things about me that you might not know, and then pass it on to seven other bloggers.....
- I absolutely love eating sunflower seeds. Not the shelled kind. The roasted and SALTY ones you shake in yout hand, suck on before cracking with your teeth and have to spit out the shell. As you all know I am addicted to salt, but not only that - I find the activity of shake, suck, crack, spit, chew somewhat therapeutic. I used to eat a large bag per day....people from my childhood and college years still ask if I eat sunflower seeds (I was known for carrying a cup or ziploc baggie for the discarded shells) which I do. But only once in a while. When I did WW a few years ago...it broke me of my daily habit. Plus its unbecoming of a lady....as my mom told me every single day.
- I have always wanted to be on a game show. I love watching them, participating at home and when the contestants lose I shout "I would've picked case number 4, Howie" or "John, I knew what the number one answer was....I would've WON fast money!"
- This weight loss journey + blogging world has inspired me to write a book. As you know I will be a physician in TWO YEARS! I've always been dedicated to preventive medicine and I like to hustle. You know, do something besides your main form of employment to earn income. So I've always said I wanted to be "Dr. Princess" and have a column in a mag where people can write and ask their medical questions. And trust me, that dream WILL happen one day! But...this journey has inspired me to incorporate spiritual, mental and physical health. I've been taking personal notes along the way and already know a couple of people I plan to ask to be contributing authors. Whenever I do it, which won't be for SOME YEARS yet....I will let you guys know and probably send all of my original followers a free copy - after all you were my inspiration! *Sidebar....I can't wait to be done school*
- I love karaoke! I can hold a note but I am definitely not a SANGER, but it doesn't stop me from getting up there, belting out New Attitude and kickin' off my shoes in true Patti LaBelle fashion!
- I do not keep my hair in the same style for longer than a week. I do it myself as you know, and between swimming, working out and my personal style I get bored if it is styled the same for longer than that.
- I have beauty addictions - nail polishes, makeup, hair accessories, skincare products. You name it - I love it and have a full collection.
- I also have a magazine addiction - I read magazines as if I'm being paid. Not one in particular....but ALL! lol. Fashion, Hair, Beauty, Combination, Health, Organization, Craft, Shopping, Cooking, Black, White, Latina & I've even purchased a few bridal ones just for fun! I clip the articles of great interest and then throw the rest away every 3 months or so. I love pouring over the fashion pages, getting new inspirations for outfits, hairstyles, makeup looks, recipes, workout ideas, etc.
I also received a "Sugar Doll" award from Trina at MeSoHongry today. Thanks girlie! Trina's little known facts are so hilarious. Hers specified to share 10 things about yourself that your readers may not know. I will continue on the above list, even though it will start counting over...lol.
- I'm an extremely talkative and outgoing person. In every school I've ever attended I won the Most Talkative Superlative. I've accepted it and I love me anyway! LOL.
- I would love to have been born in an era where people "dressed" for dinner. I love getting prettied up and girly for an occasion and hate that right now, I don't do anything regularly to get pretty for!
- Medical school has aged me. I haven't seen any of the Twilight saga and I had absolutely no clue it was about vampires and werewolves until 3 days ago. I find myself listening to old-school R&B and hip hop, or gospel and when I get around my little cousins....I don't know half the songs they love. Lastly....I only had one gray hair that has been there since my teens. Now I have about 5!!! LOL.