In this month's issue of Shape magazine (with Ellen D. on the cover) there was an article that talked about the dangers of consuming too much salt. Among them are increased blood pressure and increased LDL. Also I am at risk for renal failure due to a strong family history of polycystic kidney disease - which is another reason I really want to cut back on salt. The Shape article suggests staying below 2,000 mg of sodium per day*. Today my total was 2056 mg! Not as low as I would like it to be, but I am progressing. I wonder if it will make a difference in this week's weigh in.
- Bfast: Hard boiled egg, yogurt & water
- Morning snack: Apple
- Lunch: Casear salad (homemade with LF dressing and no croutons)
- Dinner: Large Black Bean Soup (from Panera)
- After dinner snack: Sugar-free Jell-O cup
- All I've had to drink today is water.
- 50 minutes of cardio
*Correction: The article says "Experts recommend limiting sodium to 2,300 mg and saturated fat to roughly 18 grams per day." I went back to check after Tammy's comment. Thanks!