Friday, March 12, 2010

1st Date Tomorrow - NOT going to Dinner!

My last relationship ended about a year ago and since then I haven't taken any time to really date, there have been a couple, but nothing I pursued.  I've been focusing on myself, my studies, and now my weight loss.  I met someone (at the gym...almost as cliche as the club right???) and we have our first date tomorrow afternoon!  I suggested a movie date, which is NOT first date friendly because you really cannot talk and get to know each other, but I have my reasons.  I am tired of relationships revolving around food!!!  Dates, celebrations, accomplishments, even sad occasions - all are usually accompanied by eating!!!  I am a very creative date person and I like doing different things, and I refuse to re-enter the dating world with regular meals out.  It's not even about me being on a diet right now, its about me not wanting to even start the same ol' "lets go out to dinner" rut.  That being said we are going to see Our Family Wedding.  I'm looking very forward to it.  This is the first time in a long time I've really wanted to go on a date.

So I've painted my nails, the old chipped polish had to go and I plan to wear a neutral eye look and straighten and curl my hair.  I am relaxed but I am trying to re-grow my hair from a horrible disaster last year plus with all the working out I never flat iron or use heat.  I plan to just blow dry my hair straight after I air dry (currently drying now) and then use the Caruso Steam Roller system.  I LOVE those things.  Here are my neon nails:


I love them!  I typically wear neutral makeup from day to day so I express my personality via my nail colors and designs.  I could've done a regular french tip, but I'm ushering in the warm weather!  LOL.  Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh! I LOVE the color orange! And I LOVE the design. Girl-you've got style!

    Enjoy Yourself & Have Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your nails! Did you do them yourself?

    I hope your date goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun nails, good luck on your date. Just happened upon your blog and I like it! When you get a chance check me out: blackgirlgetsfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the nails! have fun on your date. I was thinking about purchasing a caruso steam roller set. I've heard so many great things about them. I'm currently doing the no direct heat thing with my hair too. Just trying to get it back healthy and fuller. So far so good. Anyway, hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How was the date?

    www.drop3sizes.com/ca

    ReplyDelete