Well...borrowing from one of my sistah-friends in weight loss Trina @ MeSoHongry who does "glows and grows" here are my lessons learned and lessons aced:
Lessons Learned & New Focuses:
- Eat within my calorie range (1150-1400). As I stated, I realized I wasn't eating enough. I am still working hard to get my calories "up." I have not been successful at eating enough yet - I eat 3 meals and 3-4 snacks per day, but they are all so low in calories that it leaves me full, so I stop eating. But I know I will get there. I should just thank my lucky stars I'm not going over everyday I suppose.
- Exercise longer. So far I've been focusing on frequency of workouts, not length. I really want to up my gym time to an hour - I currently only do 30 minutes. Now that I consistently workout 4-5 times per week, I can focus on upping the length or at least the calorie burn.
- DRINK MORE WATER! I was such a pro at this when I did Weight Watchers...I don't know why I can't seem to be consistent with 6 glasses per day. *Sigh*
- I ate 5 servings of fruits/veggies per day - EVERY DAY!
- Increased protein intake for pre & post workouts. I usually have smoothies enhanced with protein powder by designer whey. This also helps me to increase my caloric intake and has eased the post workout soreness and cramping.
- I worked out a minimum of 4 days per week for the past 4 weeks. I didn't hit my goal of 5 every week, but that is still pretty freakin' awesome in my opinion!
- Tracked regularly via LiveStrong.com - MyDailyPlate section.