Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Weigh In (Week 8)

I don't know if I have ever been more excited to step on the scale than I was this morning!  After (nearly) two weeks and a ton of adjustments, I was hoping & praying that Sunday's number wasn't a fluke. And since I was already praying, God...let me have lost more weight since Sunday...if it's not too much to ask!  Well, with great trepidation....I closed my eyes, eased onto the scale....and......



BOO YOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!  2.2 LBS GONE IN 2 WEEKS!

"Baby, I got 'dis"....those who remember B.A.P.S. (movie) remember this scene...



Well...borrowing from one of my sistah-friends in weight loss Trina @ MeSoHongry who does "glows and grows" here are my lessons learned and lessons aced:

Lessons Learned & New Focuses:
  • Eat within my calorie range (1150-1400).  As I stated, I realized I wasn't eating enough.  I am still working hard to get my calories "up."  I have not been successful at eating enough yet - I eat 3 meals and 3-4 snacks per day, but they are all so low in calories that it leaves me full, so I stop eating. But I know I will get there.  I should just thank my lucky stars I'm not going over everyday I suppose.
  • Exercise longer.  So far I've been focusing on frequency of workouts, not length.  I really want to up my gym time to an hour - I currently only do 30 minutes.  Now that I consistently workout 4-5 times per week, I can focus on upping the length or at least the calorie burn.  
  • DRINK MORE WATER!  I was such a pro at this when I did Weight Watchers...I don't know why I can't seem to be consistent with 6 glasses per day.  *Sigh*
Lessons Aced:
  • I ate 5 servings of fruits/veggies per day - EVERY DAY!
  • Increased protein intake for pre & post workouts.  I usually have smoothies enhanced with protein powder by designer whey.  This also helps me to increase my caloric intake and has eased the post workout soreness and cramping.
  • I worked out a minimum of 4 days per week for the past 4 weeks.  I didn't hit my goal of 5 every week, but that is still pretty freakin' awesome in my opinion!
  • Tracked regularly via LiveStrong.com - MyDailyPlate section.
I am thoroughly pleased with my progress, but any advice you can provide to keep up the weight loss, possibly increase it to 1.5-2 lbs per week, and how to get and stay within my calorie range I would love to hear it!  I read all of your blogs and most of you lose more than 1 lbs a week.  I haven't hit that in a while and I can't figure out why!!!  I'm not getting impatient or upset, just curious.  Thinking back to my WW days I almost always lost 1.5 - 2 lbs per week...and I wasn't even working out!  Perhaps its the water thing...I know I need to drink more.  Anywhoooo, I can't wait til I change that second digit!  150's here I come!

Off to the gym, gonna get there right as it opens...yep I posted this BEFORE I left this morning...pure excitement I tell you, because I am so NOT a morning person!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loss....you're doing fantastic girl!!!! Good for you for heading out to the gym early! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!!! 2.2lbs that is great!!! I mean I know it's not all about the scale, but it makes you feel so good when that number goes down! It's the best feeling. Oh and I love that clip from the movie B.A.P.S., lol!!

    I think you are doing everything right. I'm definitely not consistant when it comes to losing 1.5 -2lbs per week. I wish I knew the secret, LOL!! My body jsut changes so much. I will say that I see the greatest weight lost when I'm journaling my food intake, drinking 8 or more glasses of water, and limiting my carbs and sugar. Hope this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You are doing fantastic! I am so happy for you - 2.2 pounds is awesome! I agree about the water - it makes a huge difference. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to go!!!!!!!!!!'

    that hard work is paying off....I am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete